| Christ died for|
our articles about
|A multi-chef broth|
|Devil's in the details|
|The pearly gates|
A fundie school is a type of higher-education institution established by fundamentalist Christian conservatives. Some fundie schools have actual campuses, possess legitimate academic accreditation, and resemble secular universities. Others are shameless diploma mills which offer "degrees" to anyone with a credit card. Many are located in the Bible belt. Fundie schools often incorporate pseudoscience, young-earth creationism and evolution denial into their curricula. In some cases biblical studies make up enough bible courses that equal to a second major in Bible. Many fundie schools are accredited by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools, a creationist accreditation authority.
Several types of fundie school exist. At the bottom tier are unaccredited diploma mills, that run shady web-sites and operate out of a double-wide trailer or of someone's private house. The next tier are weirdo schools like Bob Jones University and Pensacola Christian College that have an actual campus run with a fundamentalist mindset. These types of schools often impose strange, restrictive standards of behavior on their students, but usually possess at least national accreditation. The third tier encompasses the fundamentalist right wingers, epitomized by Liberty University and Regent University. These type of schools usually possess regional accreditation. Rounding out the field are the mainstream fundies that are owned or controlled by a church, such as Brigham Young University and Loma Linda University.
Many fundie schools, especially Pensacola, Liberty, and Bob Jones, get tons of bad reviews online because ignorant parents (some of whom aren't even fundamentalist or Christian) force their problem children to attend as if they were boot camps, thinking these institutions' strict rules will straighten their troubled youngsters out. Most of the time, those parents are dead wrong and setting their children up for a miserable failure.
|Andersonville Theological Seminary||Unaccredited||A "distance learning" seminary located in Georgia. Credits can transfer to Liberty University.|
|American University of Health Sciences||National||A "Christian based, minority serving university which educates students for careers in the healthcare profession"|
|Baptists for Israel Institute||Unaccredited||Spend some time volunteering on a kibbutz in Israel and earn a "Master of Arts" "Degree" in "Israel Studies." For those uninterested in an actual MA or MDiv program; also for those not interesting in overseas study opportunities through accredited seminaries. |
|Bethune-Cookman University||Regional||Historically black college operated by African American fundamentalists; a training ground for Uncle Toms. They invited Betsy DeVos to their 2017 graduation and scolded graduating students for protesting her.|
|Berea College||Regional||Fundamentalist Christian college in Berea, Kentucky|
|Biola University||Regional||Maintains a strict Biblical inerrancy doctrine; see also William Lane Craig|
|Bob Jones University||National and Regional ||An unsavory fundamentalist and historically racist institution in South Carolina. Gained regional accreditation June 15, 2017 (Oh God! Why?)|
|Boston Baptist College||National||A creationist training camp for fundamentalist ministers|
|Brigham Young University||Regional||Associated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
|California Graduate School of Theology||National ||Incoherent young earth creationist Carl Baugh claims to hold a "Doctor of Philosophy in Theology" from this place. |
|Christian Bible College||Unaccredited||Self-accredited by its own accreditation mill, the American Accrediting Association of Theological Institutions|
|Crown College of the Bible||National||Fundamentalist Baptist college in Powell, Tennessee|
|Dallas Baptist University||Regional||"Christ-centered quality higher education" with a creationist worldview|
|Florida Bible Institute and Seminary||Unaccredited||They have a "campus" in a small office park in Vero Beach, Florida, and claim accreditation from the Association of Independent Christian Colleges & Seminaries, an unaccredited accreditation authority. They offer pseudoscience courses with telling names such as Creationist Geology and Creationist Astronomy.|
|Florida Gulf Coast University||Regional||State university run by Trumplicans in a Trumpland area of Florida, with several fundamentalists serving on the board. Apparently accepts Abeka courses as an actual education (unlike quality institutions like UC Berkeley), as evidenced by a fundie girl from a Christian school that uses Abeka representing them as an athlete.|
|Georgia Central University||National||A missionary school for Korean American students. Until 2018, they had a "School of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine."|
|Hyles-Anderson College||Unaccredited||Fundamentalist Indiana school based on the Pensacola/Bob Jones model.|
|Houston Baptist University||Regional||Maintains a strict Biblical inerrancy doctrine; see also Lee Strobel and William Lane Craig|
|School of Biblical Apologetics at the Institute for Creation Research||Unaccredited||Accreditation? We don't need no stinking accreditation! [Note 1] "This institutional academic freedom...is not restricted by academic accreditation politics."|
|The King's College||Regional||The former home of Dinesh D'Souza|
|Liberty University||Regional||The progeny of Jerry Falwell. Also has a College of Osteopathic Medicine that holds candidate status with the American Osteopathic Association.|
|Loma Linda University||Regional||A Seventh Day Adventist Church school and home to the Geoscience Research Institute, an organization that advocates a creationist viewpoint in earth sciences and publishes pseudojournals; offers programs in medicine, behavioral sciences, dentistry, pharmacy, health, and religion. Students are required to take Seventh-day Adventist theology courses.|
|Louisiana Baptist University and Seminary||Unaccredited||A Baptist diploma mill located in Shreveport, Louisiana. Carl Baugh, young earth creationist and pseudoscientist, claims a Ph.D. in Theology from this school.|
|Maple Springs Baptist Bible College and Seminary||National||An obscure Baptist college that "teaches the pre-tribulational rapture of the church, the pre-millennial return of the Lord, and interprets the Old Testament prophecies concerning Israel, the tribulation period and the millennial kingdom of Christ literally."|
|Maranatha Baptist University||Regional||Rules modeled after Bob Jones University and Pensacola Christian College|
|The Master's University||Regional||A fundamentalist Baptist school headed by young earth creationist and evangelical megachurch leader John F. MacArthur. The seminary program's accreditation was placed on probation in 2018 after serious issues in governance were exposed. MacArthur described these events as effort "orchestrated, if not by humans, by Satan himself."|
|New Covenant International University & Theological Seminary||Unaccredited||A diploma mill operating under a religious exemption in the state of Florida|
|Oral Roberts University||Regional||Weird, evangelical cargo cult college with a long list of scandals and smarmy behavior attributed to the spawn of its founder.|
|Oval Bible College||Unaccredited||A diploma mill out of Louisiana that runs a shady web site.|
|Ozark Bible Institute and College||Unaccredited||A Bible school in Missouri that operates under an evangelical version of Sharia Law. For example, women are forced to dress as if they were in the 17th Century.|
|Patrick Henry College||National||An unsavory advanced high school training camp for homeschoolers in Virginia|
|Patriot Bible University||Unaccredited||Dr. Dino's alma mater|
|Pensacola Christian College||National||An unsavory fundamentalist, independent Baptist institution in Florida|
|Phoenix University of Theology International||Unaccredited||Assigns credits towards fake degrees based on "life experience." Claims accreditation from the Association of Independent Christian Colleges and Seminaries, a pseudo-accreditation authority, while simultaneously demeaning academic accreditation.|
|Regent University||Regional||The progeny of Pat Robertson|
|San Diego Christian College||Regional||A school with a strict creationist stance; spawned the Institute for Creation Research|
|Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary||Regional||Intelligent Design proponent William Dembski has been associated with the seminary. It is located in Fort Worth, Texas and is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.|
|Jimmy Swaggart Bible College||Unaccredited||A Pentecostal diploma mill run by Swaggart's grandson Gabriel, and part of the younger Swaggart's Crossfire Ministries. They offer associate and bachelor degrees in "Biblical studies." As part of the Swaggart family empire, they spam the masses using infomercials on their Sonlife Broadcasting Network.|
|Wheaton College (Illinois)[Note 2]||Regional||Maintains a strict Biblical inerrancy doctrine|
- See also “We don't need no stinking badges!” – the misquote that became a famous quote.
- The other one, in Massachusetts, appears to accept evolution.
- Educational Affiliations. andersonvilleseminary.com. Retrieved on 24 October 2015.
- Life After Unaccredited Education. guidetoseminary.com, 4 April 2012.
- About AUHS. auhs.edu.
- Graduate Year Program at baptists4israel.com.
- Bethune-Cookman grads boo Betsy DeVos at commencement. CNN, 10 May 2017.
- Berea College Accreditation. berea.edu.
- Biola University Accreditation and Affiliation. biola.edu. "Biola University holds institutional accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (1961)." Retrieved on 23 September 2015.
- Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools Members. tracs.org. Retrieved on 9 April 2019.
- BYU Accreditation. "Brigham Young University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities." byu.edu. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- Bryan College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate, baccalaureate, and master degrees. sacscoc.org. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- A Matter of Degree: Carl Baugh's Alleged Credentials. talkorigins.org. Retrieved on 30 January 2016.
- Cedarville University Accreditation. cedarville.edu. "The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission." Retrieved on 23 September 2015.
- Levicoff, Steve. Name it & Frame It?: New Opportunities in Adult Education and how to Avoid Being Ripped Off by "Christian" Degree Mills. Institute on Religion and Law, 1993.
- Statement of Faith and Facts. christianbiblecollege.org. Retrieved on 17 October 2015.
- Statement of Accreditation Status, Cornerstone University. Retrieved on 18 December 2016.
- Dallas Baptist University Accreditation. www.dbu.edu. Dallas Baptist University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Retrieved on 28 October 2016.
- Dallas Baptist University Mission Statement. www.dbu.edu. Retrieved on 28 October 2016.
- David Naugle. A Commentary on the Mission Statement of Dallas Baptist University. "DBU is committed to providing academic majors in both the natural and social sciences... In keeping with its primary theistic orientation, DBU undertakes these studies with an understanding of God as the Maker of heaven and earth, and of human beings as the image and likeness of God." www3.dbu.edu. Retrieved on 28 October 2016.
- AICSS Disclaimer. aiccs.org. Retrieved on 19 June 2016. "Because of the AICCS Board of Directors' convictions in support of religious freedom, Christian liberty, and the separation of church and state, AICCS has never applied for affiliation with any federal government agency. AICCS, therefore, is not recognized by the United States Department of Education."
- Florida Bible Institute and Seminary Course Catalog. tfbis.com. Retrieved on 19 June 2016.
- Fundie-girl's listing on the roster
- Accreditation & Authorization at Georgia Central University.
- Houston Baptist University Catalog General Information. hbu.edu. "Houston Baptist University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees." Retrieved on 23 September 2015.
- Is ICR’s School of Biblical Apologetics accredited? icr.edu. TL;DR summary: Regional accreditation organizations aren't friendly towards creationist schools, TRACS certification is not available in Texas, and God says we don't need accreditation. Retrieved on 4 December 2015.
- School of Biblical Apologetics, About us. icr.edu. "ICR has prioritized curriculum content and practical ministry needs, rather than adding the expensive costs of academic accreditation politics..." Retrieved on 4 December 2015.
- The King's College Accreditation. tkc.edu. "The King’s College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education..." Retrieved on 23 September 2015.
- Liberty University Institutional Accreditation. "Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees. " liberty.edu. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- WACS Accreditation. llu.edu. "Loma Linda University (LLU) is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)." Retrieved on 24 September 2015.
- Accreditation & Affiliation at lbu.edu. "LBU has never sought government accreditation due to the nature of the educational services we provide. Our mission is and always has been to train people for ministry. Because of our strong belief in the separation of powers, we have never invited government oversight of our programs."
- Reading, Writing and Jesus; What nearby schools don’t know about the Bible class they soon may be teaching. Archived from the original at Nashville Scene, 19 October 2006. "While there are a few reputable legal and theological minds from solid universities associated with the group, they are far outnumbered by the likes of Carl Baugh, who holds a Ph.D. in theology from Louisiana Baptist University, an unaccredited online school."
- Seminary academic programs. msbbcs.edu. Retrieved on 6 September 2017.
- Maranantha Baptist University Accreditation. "Since 1993, Maranatha has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission... part of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. " Retrieved on 19 March 2017.
- The Master's College Accreditations. Archived from the original at masters.edu. "The Master's University is accredited to award bachelor's and master's degrees by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges..."
- John MacArthur to students questioning accreditation problems: 'Keep your mouth shut' christianpost.com, 5 December 2018.
- New Covenant International University & Theological Seminary 2014-2018 catalog. newcovenantinternational.squarespace.com. Page 18. Florida Statute 2009 Title XLVIII Chapter 1005.06.(1) (f)[F.S.] enables religious educational institutions to operate by sworn affidavit with exemption from state government control and determination of curriculum or accreditation and licensure demands. Retrieved on 17 October 2015.
- Oral Roberts University Accreditation. www.oru.edu. Retrieved on 6 December 2017.
- Oval Bible College is accredited by the National Bible College Association, an unaccredited accreditation authority. National Bible College Association (NBCA) Member List. Retrieved on 27 December 2015.
- ...the best Correspondence Bible College in the Country. ovalbiblecollege.com. Retrieved on 6 December 2017.
- College Handbook, Ozark Bible Institute and College, 2011.
- Patriot Bible University claims accreditation by the Accrediting Commission International (ACI), an unaccredited accreditation authority. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- Accrediting Commission International (ACI) is not recognized as an accreditation authority by either the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or the United States Department of Education, the two institutions responsible for recognizing educational accrediting institutions in the United States. Retrieved on 4 September 2016.
- Scripture rebuttal, accreditation, alumnus professor. phxut.org. Retrieved on 28 October 2016. "Accredited by AICCS the Association of Independent Christian Colleges and Seminaries...We believed that most accredited institutions have drifted far from the classical Biblical principles of sound doctrine and scholastic pragmatism that was originally their approach to education. They have turned away from performance and competency based education, with a focus on the mastery of skills, to a government mandated academic emphasis based on secular, socio-political, and economic theories gained through classroom indoctrination."
- AICCS Disclaimer. Retrieved on 28 October 2016. "Because of the AICCS Board of Directors' convictions in support of religious freedom, Christian liberty, and the separation of church and state, AICCS has never applied for affiliation with any federal government agency. AICCS, therefore, is not recognized by the United States Department of Education."
- Regent University Accreditation. regent.edu. "Regent University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associates, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees." regent.edu. Retrieved on 23 September 2015.
- San Diego Christian College Accreditation. sdcc.edu. "San Diego Christian College is accredited by the Senior Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges." Retrieved on 24 September 2015.
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary Accreditation. swbts.edu. "Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees." Retrieved on 21 November 2015.
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary - What We Believe. swbts.edu. Retrieved on 28 October 2016.
- FAQ at Jimmy Swaggart Bible College.
Q. Can I receive financial aid for JSBC (i.e. federal grants, scholarships and loans via FAFSA etc.)?A. Unfortunately, due to our non-accredited status JSBC cannot receive such funds. However, you will be pleased to know that we do strive to keep our costs as low as possible for our students and we do offer payment plans.
- Crossfire Ministries, gabrielswaggart.org.
- About Sonlife TV. "Generation of the Cross with Gabriel Swaggart" claims to be "a live, interactive Bible Study", but is in reality an informercial for Jimmy Swaggart Bible College.
- Wheaton College Accreditations. wheaton.edu. Retrieved on 16 October 2015.
- Wheaton College Statement of Faith and Educational Purpose. wheaton.edu. Retrieved on 16 October 2015.